The church of St Thomas at Satara is now known,
as English church in Satara, Satara was the
old capital of the rajahs of Maratha. The St.
Thomas Church of Satara was built by British
in 1847. It is of early English style design.
During this period the colours of the 6th
regiment of Indian infantry were deposited in
the church for keeping intack the story of the
colors laid up in the garrison churches of western
India which might inspire a most interesting
book many of them were encased for better preservation
Lloyd, governor at that time.